Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blog Post #16 Final Reflection

I am amazed at how much my mind has changed since this class started. I thought technology was important but I didn't think it should be the most important part of the classroom. In my first blog post I wrote that I wanted my children to learn the hard way, with pen and paper. However, now I feel like technology should be the most important part in a classroom. Technology helps teachers create engaging assignments and teach children without them realizing they are learning. Technology also makes learning fun for children.
I still feel that my school should be fun and exciting for children. It should feel like school to them. I would add a lot more technology tools though, like the smartboard use and blogging. I still stand firm in my no test policy, so I will encourage project based learning in my classroom.
I want my students to enjoy learning, so I plan on creating assignments that they enjoy doing. It will be a learning process for me as well so it will take time for me to learn how to create those assignments but I am up for the challenge. want to teach either fourth of fifth grade because I feel that is the age students are most easily influenced. If I can create a learning environment that is engaging for this age group I could possibly give them an excitement for learning in the future.
I can not wait to put to use what I have learned in EDM 310 this semester.

4 comments:

  1. Video set to private. It will have to be set to public for me to watch it. And where is Part A of this assignment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the video public and added part one. I apologize for the mistake I just forgot to put part A with the video. Thank you

      Delete
  2. I apologize I completely forgot about including part A i will add it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you enjoyed blogging. Hopefully you can use some of these tools in your classroom. Good luck!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete